Cat pee

I have two cats..one is evil the other is a sweetie...the evil cat likes to occasionally pee on things/places that are not her cat box and last night she peed on my arm chair. I took the cushion off the chair to wash it, but the cover doesn't come off. Is there another way to freshen it? (At the moment I can't go out and spend money for febreeze...which I wish I could, but can't.) Are there any remedies (i.e products I can mix together) to clean up the mess/get the scent out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pets

• Vinegar helps cut the urine. I've also used a carpet cleaner especially for pet odors.

Last week I had to clean a mattress where a cat had peed. I used vinegar to cut the urine smell, then used a spray that is used for pet accidents to help get smell out, then used the carpet cleaner. Repeated the spray and carpet cleaner and let it dry. It worked.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:12 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My dad was a chemist and said that ammonia, being a base, while urine is an acid, would neutralize the smell. He said that to set a bowl of ammonia near the area. I think I'd clean the cushion as directed (sometimes using suds, or whatever the directions are) and then use the ammonia idea. My sister says it works. I've never tried it.

Answer by Bmat at 9:16 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i have used baken soda, pur it on the spot and let sit ( over night is best ) and vaccum it up..( u can also make a smell useing baken soda just put baken soda in tupperwear and a few drops of your fa oil ( i like cherry ) shake and let oil/baken soda sit to mix and again sprinkle were u need to let sit and then vaccum up..it should help with the smell. i had a cat that did the samething took her to the vet to see what was wrong they checked EVERYTHING just to say shes healthy and must be a behavorila thing ( meaning she was pissy....no pun intended lol ) i even tryed changeing the littler, giveing her her OWN litter box...nothing. so i wish u the best of luck...(:
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:37 AM on Aug. 17, 2009