If you believe in God, do you think God knows....

In situations where for example, a freak accident happens. Say a woman is walking and not looking where she is going and falls off a building. Do you think God knows what would have happened in that womans life if she had been watching and did not fall off the building? Does he know the 'what ifs' of life, Or does he just know what does/will happen in different situations?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that God is Omniscient and absolutely would know what would happen IF the woman in your example had not fallen off the building. With free will we make our choices in life and when we make those decisions God knows how things would go either way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I think your purpose for asking this question is more along the lines of "Why does God let these kinds of things happen?" God does not affect free will. You can do what you choose to do even though God has given you a set of rules to live by.

And I don't think anyone would not watch where they were going when walking on top of a building and then fall off of it.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:23 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I like to think that god has our lives set out the day we are conceived. I think everything that happens to us is just how he wanted it to. Thats just how I was raised to beleave anyway.
    sweetiowamommy

Answer by sweetiowamommy at 9:29 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• hes not to blame for anything and he may be able to get a glimpse but we have the choice .
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:47 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Well, i believe in Karma. So, it was that womans Karma to fall off the building. I think it's irrelevent to ask whether god knew what her life would have been like. All we can do is wonder about that. We can have an opinion, but we will never know %100 if god knows those kinds of things. So, why even think about it? It's just going to confuse you.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:13 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I do not believe that there are "what ifs" in life. There is never an instance when God is not in control. To say that God ceases to be in control is to say that he is not sovereign and that his power is limitted. Unfortunately, due to the order of an imperfect world, deaths and events that seem "untimely" do occur. But we are never out of the palm of his hand or out of his sight. "Our present sufferings are not worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed in our bodies" (Romans 8). God views our troubles on earth, 70-80 years of life is but a blip on the timeline of eternity. He doesn't delight in the sufferings of this earth but longs for us to be with him. When we die, it is our time. There are no "what ifs."
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I disagree with God bing in control of everything, He has given us control of our own life, and He lets us make our own decisions.
    I believe that God has a perfect plan for every single one of us, but He leaves it up to us to choose and walk down that path. He can't make us walk down a path we don't want to go. He handed over his control to Adam and Eve, and they handed it to devil, there for Jesus came and took back that control and gave it back to us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• To add to my above statement, I do believe God knows what will happen with every decision we make, but just because He knows, doesn't mean it will just automatically happen, I believe we have to make it happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Anon--"He handed over his control to Adam and Eve, and they handed it to devil, there for Jesus came and took back that control and gave it back to us."
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't believe God ever handed His control over to mankind. He gave us the option to choose out of love. Never has He ever given up His authority.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 2:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I believe that God knows when our lives will end from the day we are conceived. He knows everything about us, things we may never know. However, I don't think he plans anything past our deaths. There is no need to wonder the what if's (if we survived an accident) because life will end when God is ready for it to end, if you survive a tragic accident it just wasn't your time to go.
    vikaroo18

Answer by vikaroo18 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2009