Sippi Cup transition?

We've been giving my 10m old son the opportunity to use a sippi cup for a few months now. He pretty much chews on it most of the time! We have a few different kinds (NUBY, the straw-like kind, soft spout, etc). Any tips? Or is he just not ready, since he just uses it to chew on/throw on the floor?

mevxoxo

Asked by mevxoxo at 9:22 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 9 month old chews on his when he's just not thirsty, but then he's teething too so he chews on everything! lol Are you putting something in it that he's used to drinking? Or tried something new? Is he going to a sippy from the bottle or breast?

Answer by missanc at 9:27 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• it's taken my DD, who's almost a year, a few months and she's just now starting to learn to tip it and sip from it...only a few sips, but she's getting the hang of it....just keep putting it in front of him...it'll click :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:53 AM on Aug. 17, 2009