car seat experts - do you know?

I'm just curious, why do the booster seats not require the latch? I thought the idea of the seat was it should be an extension of the car and therefor should be latched tightly in. Then have child buckle in with the seat belt. Wouldn't having the booster seat and the child flung forward in a crash actually cause more damange than if just the child was flung forward into the seat belt?

I'd imagine there's a good reason for the rules on this one, I'm just not sure what they are. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• well after a certain weight your not suppose to use the latch but the regular belt. So I'd think since boosters are for a heavier larger child they go beyond the weight limit for the latch system.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• What the above said is correct, however, Im pretty sure that Britax now makes a booster that can be latched in.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 17, 2009