Itchy skin=Cancer?

My upper back areas has been itching for several months now. The area around my shoulder blades all the way across. Had my dh look and he sees no unusual moles or such. I have an appointment for a physical this week but could it be skin cancer without an obvious mole or such. Anyone have experience with this?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Health

• Could be eczema
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• or Hepatitis
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Steph, I contacted one of my good friends who is in the medical field and he said cancer would be the last thing that would come to mind. He said it is good to talk to your Dr about it but to his knowledge that isn't something that would cause a cancer concern...good luck hon
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Is there any rash? If so, it could be shingles. But I haven't heard of skin cancer being present without some sort of visible sign.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 2:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2009