best chemical stuff to put on curly hair?

Is there anything i can put on my curly hair to keep it straight?? something cheaper then japenese straightening...i can't stand the curl in my hair

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• stright iron after a while your hair gets use it it. its work and a pain but it helps a lil. my hair is curly/wavy..but invest in a good iron ceramic..kinda u get what u paid for..but question..what is a japense straigning?? never heard of that....(:
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• its really expensive, you can get it done at the salon.it straightens your hair for 3-6 months i think
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• even after a shower?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i have tried the straighting shampoos which kinda work but works best if u have a flat iron.curly hair is a tough one...and now my dd age 12 is going threw the samething (she has my hair ) but have done the shampoo and iron.. i shampoo wait till its 100% dry and flat iron it.. and i also use a round brush.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My BFF is a stylist and a top salon, I will ask her what she thinks and get back to you. I remember her saying something about something coming out that is better and less expensive than the japanese treatment.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 3:36 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• OK, I just talked to her. She said that there is a Keratine treatment that you can put on your hair that isn't as harsh on your hair as the Japanese treatment. It's not cheap, but she uses it on her MIL and it tends to last about 4 months. Your stylist has to be certified in it. Hope this helps
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 3:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My friend got hers professionally straightened, and it looked great for a few months. She paid over 500 dollars. They charge by the length. Now she's upset b/c she paid that much, its growing out, and she's back to square one. I personally use the CHI flat iron and it is a miracle!!! Its around 120-130 dollars and you used to not be able to get it anywhere but at those places that only sell to prof stylists. Now, they have them at Target. Where was the CHI when I was in high school!!!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Thank you everyone!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2009