here we go again.

after being slandered all last yr and having lost all my friends its been a very lonely summer.i have kept to my self.my question is how do i get my reputation back????i like having friends but i am now very lery as to who i can trust.my daughter is in cheerleading with a whole new group of girls.my husband said he had noticed one of the moms were giving me the evil eye and was one of the moms that gave me a hard time last yr.my feeling is oh no im not doing this again.so i am going to ignore her.(i didnt even notice her)

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds like the right thing to do. If someone tries to talk to you and be your friend, then dont shut off completely, just open up slowly and keep your guard up. I know its hard to be without friends. My girls are going to a new school this year and I want so badly to get involved with the parents but right now I feel like an outsider. All the parents ive met have been super nice to me and thats good and I am sure by the end of the year, I will know many more of them. Its a close knit school, so if anyone makes enemies with another, I can see how hard it would be. Just keep to yourself and keep focused. Know youre there to support your daughter, not to socialize. I think parents make mistakes by coming into the school to be everyones friend and its like highschool all over again. Be determined that youre not going to go where you were last year. I guess its easier for someone like me with a very strong personality. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:23 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• what happened last year?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Like my mom would always tell me. You can be friends with people without telling them every little thing about yourself. She says I get attached and that I trust people too easily.

So my advice to you is to stop caring about what other people think and move on. Become friends with people but dont trust them.
    lovesinglemom

Answer by lovesinglemom at 11:22 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• ya thats what i do.i want to become friends but i dont trust them.ya my town i live in is very cliquey and if you do something or someone thinks somethink you have had it....so i am going to tread lightly.
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2009