A Civil Conversation?

As long as there's no one who disagrees with you because that would mean the laundry list of names would come out again right? Right.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have no idea what you are talking about, but I'm guessing I know WHO you are talking about, lol. What question did this start at?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I don't mind anyone disagreeing with me. That should make for a thoughtful discussion. Unfortunately on CM people can't seem to voice their opinion without getting personal and disparaging others.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 10:24 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Huh? It's easy for me to be involved in a civil conversation (it helps if you have a decent question though)because I do my homework and have facts unlike many. Some care enough to get educated and some just want to throw out what so and so said without even researching.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I expect others will disagree with me. It's the condescension that really bothers me. It's seems that a lot of people on opposite sides of the aisle can't seem to disagree without completely insulting one another. There are some CM's of a more liberal persuasion that I respect, but they treat others with respect and only lash out after being attacked themselves. I am of the more conservative persuasion and I refrain from using harsh words towards anyone specific and avoid usage of words like ignorant and other put downs.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

_______

couldn't have said it better. I got tired of coming here because I was always being called names and people assume they know my political leanings just because I voted Obama. I also got tired of the word "lib" basically being something dirty. It's not..

Some of these ladies wonder why people disappear. All they need to do is look at themselves to see why. I have thick skin but when you cant debate
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:48 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• without calling names and putting people down then I'm done. I've gotten ugly at times but it's only been when someone has been ugly to me first.

JackalsWife

•  

Quicherbichin...................................

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:06 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Grace: you are so mean! Maybe she about YOU!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Oh, I forgot to answer your question. Yes, you can have a civil conversation and debate. It takes people who understand the rules of debating and stick to the issues. They state their points and don't call names or impune someone's character for having a different opinion from their's. Kind of like MustbeGrace doesn't seem to know the rules.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Some people just wanna cause trouble and be a butt. That is there goal and purpose in life. You can't avoid it. So the best thing to do, is ignore those that you know are out there just to cause trouble, and don't respond to them, because that is what they are depending on. They like to fight. They wanna get you riled up.

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 11:24 AM on Aug. 17, 2009