What do they do on your first dr's visit?

So tomorrow is my first Dr's appt and I'll be 15 weeks. This is my second child but I don't remember what they do on your first visit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well since your so far along you will probably do more than others. for my first when I was 7 weeks they drew blood, gave me information on the 1st trimester, took my weight... but I was also bleeding so they gave me an ultrasound to make sure I was still carrying the baby.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• they should do an u/s just to make sure everything is going alright draw blood and weight blood pressure the usual stuff and just talk to you about everything should be pretty easy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• the usual- they may make u pee in a cup, blood pressure, weight check, heartbeat / UC, possibly a vaginal exam, they may ask how your first pregnancy went so may want to refresh yourself on that (how many wks where u when u delivered, any complications, birth of baby)..
    If this is your first time with the Dr. remember this is also to interview them.. Find out their Csection rate, if they support your birth values (drug free,ect)....
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:16 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• when i first went to the dr.s i was 11 or 12 weeks. not to far from you. they check my bp an weight. they then asked me a bunch of questions like if the baby was planned that sort of thing, an also problems that run in your family or problems you have like diabetes an that sort. then i got an ultrasound an saw my little guy an they make sure hes growing an all that good stuff.. then drew 7 viles of blood an was on my way! :) good luck!
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 1:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2009