update on roommate

i posted before on how my husband was letting a friend of his stay here cause he had nowhere else to go, and he he was an alcoholic. well, my husband sat down with him and talked. and they came to an agreement that he couldnt stay here if he was gonna drink. and starting saturday, he had to stop.well i guess friday since it was his last day to drink, he decided we wanted to get really drunk.bought a 6 pack home and drank 4 of them with in two hours. started this around 7, which i think is daytime since my daughter was not in bed yet. he was told not to drink around her. after she is in bed she woke up and was hungry, so i got her something to eat so she could go back to sleep. i was bringing it to her and he said let me take it to her. i said no you are drunk, and i dont want you in her room, let me do it so i can get her back to sleep. he was really pushy, even after me saying no, and took it from me and went in there anyway.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• continued : needless to say i was pissed off. then after he gets out of her room, he decides to drive drunk to get more beer. i told my husband about it and said he needed to talk to him about it cause i dont want that around my daughter. he has no reason to go in her room at all. i dont care what he thinks. i told his friend i was really mad about what he did and he said he didnt even remember doing it! and that made me more pissed. i told my husband that he need to tell him to go find somewhere else to stay. i know thats his friend, and so of you thought before that we should try to help him, but he crossed the line. my question is, how would you deal with this situation? i dont want him staying here anymore, but i know he doesnt have anywhere else to go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i would tell him again how i feel why he was an ass and what i think of him. and thats it no more drinking not one beer or shot no more nothing. and let him know that if he dose it again he is out no ifs ands or butts...done out the door no warning no..one week. out the door.. and stick to it and make dh stick to it. tell him he had his last haurah on friday and thats it..no more chances. he wants to be an idiot and keep being a drunk loser and wind up in jail that will be his proublm not yours. tell your dh listen how would u feel if he drove drunk and hit a car that had a child in it that was your dd's age and the child didnt make it...sometimes saying something that hits home makes them see what your saying..( i did this with my dh who dosent drink much but will have a few after work with the guys on tuesdays and then drive home 40 mins.and thats a big no no ) and i told him a story about a cm and what happend to her
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• and her kids and what her dh now deals with and it worked he has 1 beer with the guys and thats it. so tell the friend thats it. sober up or get out. u want help were helping u. dont help yourself then u have to go..good luck hun..xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• 1. no man is gonna push me around in my house!
    2. No guy is gonna visit my dd room late at night without me! Especially when drunk! I would have followed right behind him... and if he has problems my dd would be sleeping in my room! Im not taking the chance of my dd being molesting! Hell no -- I dont trust men, especially drunks/addicts....
    3. Id tell my dh to get him out asap.. this guy is a danger to you & dd if he is drinking/ a drunk!... Hes a grown man he should act like one.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 17, 2009