Has anyone else had an experience with an iodine contrast dye at the beginning of their pregnancy?

At 7 weeks, I was having severe pain in my side and went to the ER. The doctor thought my appendix had ruptured and ordered a CT Scan. While waiting they had me drink an iodine contrast dye. Then the blood test revealing my pregnancy was come back and the CT Scan was cancelled. I am now 14 weeks pregnant with no complications, but am scared the iodine dye may have hurt the baby. My doctor said it shouldn't have any effect, but I'm still worried. If anyone has been through a similar experience or knows anything about this, that would be great!

MissyKrissy928

Asked by MissyKrissy928 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The dye was not what they were worried about it was the CT scan. The dye is pretty harmless but you should be thankful your baby didnt get all that radiation.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:42 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i had a ct at the begining of this pregnncy im 39 week on thursday.....every test ive had and every u/s has come back great...so i think everything will be ok....best of luck
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:19 AM on Aug. 17, 2009