Taxpayer dollars are being used to silence conservatives. Have you heard of Health Care for America Now?

This question was prompted by an interview I saw this am with the group president. Please have a look at the site and share your thoughts.

From their front page: "Fight Back Against the Right"

http://healthcareforamericanow.org/

It offers 3 steps...#3 Fight Back

http://healthcareforamericanow.org/site/fight

A few of their federal dollar receiving members...ACORN, UAW, AFL-CIO, AFSCME, AFT, Americans United for Change, Campaign for America’s Future, NAACP and Center for American Progress Action Fund.

http://healthcareforamericanow.org/site/content/about_us/

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 10:52 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:55 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• We've seen increasing numbers of militant right-wing activists attending public meetings across the country targeting Members of Congress and President Obama.

This statement really cracked me up!!  It just goes to show the angle this group is using.

No matter what the right-wingers bring up to distract the debate, we should always circle back to our key message.

"Circle back to the message," is that all liberals know how to do...circle the issue??

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:02 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Who are these people?
    The people who show up are far right-wing ideologues recruited by paid organizers. Much of this recruitment and organizing is funded by industry lobbyists and public relations firms to engage radical right-wing groups. Many of these groups are motivated by far right ideology in general - not by health care as an issue. They are held together by a common vision of the world that centers on defeating Obama and his agenda. We can expect to see anti-abortion groups, pro-gun groups, insurance company employees (mandated by employers to come out), militia groups, and anti-immigration groups.

According to the group THIS is who we are!

How do ya'll like my cut & paste work?? I learned it from some of the girls on here!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:03 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Hmm, government wasting money. Who'd a' thunk it? I wonder how well it's working out for them?

Really, I should feel outraged due to taxpayer money going toward this BS. I guess I am just not that surprised.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:05 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• How do ya'll like my cut & paste work?? I learned it from some of the girls on here! ~ yourspecialkid

LOL, yourspecialkid! Your C&P work is as good as any I have seen here. Congrats!

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:08 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• We can expect to see anti-abortion groups, pro-gun groups, insurance company employees, militia groups, and anti-immigration groups.

Hey, yourspecialkid, you forgot that according to them, "the far right" is also racist and anti-gay rights too. (In other words, we are all-around evil people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• LOL, yourspecialkid! Your C&P work is as good as any I have seen here. Congrats!

Why thank you QuinnMae! I do have to say that I learned from the best!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:18 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• This is no surprise and anyone who takes time to look at the facts knows it's the left who is bussing people in to try and even out(or drown out) the people who want their voices heard.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• banging head into wall

BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 11:40 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Hey, yourspecialkid, you forgot that according to them, "the far right" is also racist and anti-gay rights too. (In other words, we are all-around evil people.

Ha ha! I had better go to their site and "Contact" them so they can add this!

The group sent 10,000 people to DC in July to "protest."
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:43 AM on Aug. 17, 2009