How do I get my 6 and 4yr old to stop begging?

they beg for food, snacks. juice from my neighbor whom is also my friend. I feed my children very well and more than enough, so it's not like they hungry. they feel like everything she gives her kids, they want. it's embarrassing. i already talked to them about it but no luck.

JayRo00

Asked by JayRo00 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Who did you talk to the neighbors/friends? Explain to your neighbor/friends what is happening.

Answer by louise2 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• It might be because she's a generous person and gives them what they ask for. If i were you I'd talk with the neighbor. Tell her your feelings, and ask her to cut back giving stuff to your kids. When she doesnt give them everything they ask for, they'll probably quit asking so much.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Does she have a problem with it?

You should talk to her about it since she is your friend and ask her if she could help you out by not giving them what they want.
    lovesinglemom

Answer by lovesinglemom at 10:57 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I would tell my friend that if they beg for something tell them no.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• my oldest was the same way. She'd eat at home but go to a friend's who had teenagers (always eating) and act half starved.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Tell them no. And tell your friend that when they ask for food or snacks she is to send them home for food.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Tell the neighbor to stop giving in to them.
    Tell your kids to stop with the begging.

If either of those aren't uphelp, the kids don't over there any more until your rules are understood & followed.

End of story. :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2009