what should I do about my daughter being constipated I have tried everything and still nothing is working..

My daughter is constipated and nothing is working could it be a medical problem or do I just need to change things up?

jessicadenee

Asked by jessicadenee at 10:57 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• what all have you tried?
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:59 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• What all have you tried?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Did you try talking to her doctor about it?

Answer by louise2 at 11:00 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• and how old is she?
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:02 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Give her the "P" fruits pears plums and peaches etc. They are natural way of cleaning her out. Apple juice didn't work for my kids it did the opposite. Miralax is a real good med too that you put in their drink it's tasteless and odorless..
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i agree with fireangel also a warm bath helps my son ( fare warning...she might let it out in the tub ) good luck, and if anything call the doc if shes in pain because of it ohh and try a nice belly rub that might help move things along..good luck and hope she feels better. xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:10 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• most likely she isn't getting enough fluids (not that you're doing any thing wrong) but just because is summer and they get more active and they sweat more ,with my son I give him bit of olive oil a few drops in his juice and i give him 2 bottles of water for the day this way I can keep track on how much he drinks I also try mixing baby food prunes into apple juice and this works really well ...good luck hope she feels better!

annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 11:13 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I agree with all the mammas above. Sometimes a nice warm massage on the tummy helps get things moving.
    luchousdiva

Answer by luchousdiva at 11:27 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• PRUNES>>PRUNES> PRUNES !!!!! You can get baby prunes and mix them w/ every thing she eats. They are sweet and my twins love them. Give them to her every week and you won't ever have to worry about her getting constipated again. Be sure to give her lots of veggies and fruit.
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 11:41 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Water all the time! My daughter gets dehydrated sometimes if I miss one day of doing that. One serving of juice a day and one serving of milk. The rest water. Is she potty training yet? You also have to keep an eye on that potty training because sometimes kids will try to hold it in because it's harder to get the hang of pooping.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2009