Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I handle this?

My husband has been back from Iraq awhile. He's angry all the time, paranoid and he won't sleep. You can be sitting in front of him with his full attention and he'll space out and he's stayed that way for at least 5 minutes before. The docs he's seen are no help, just give him sleeping pills. Any advice?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • i would see about counsiling in your area. or see another doc for a 2nd opinion. good luck hun stay strong xo

    Answer by tabbys4 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

  • Does he realize that he has PTSD? Do you? Has he went to counseling? Has he completed his post deployment health assessment and been honest on it? He can get counseling for free through military one source and there are numerous options available through the military as well.

    It's also recommended that you go to counseling with him as well as him alone. So you know what to look for, and how to help him through it.

    Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

  • He needs counseling. This doctor who is giving him pills is not doing his job. Get a second opinion ASAP.

    Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.