How can i get more sleep!?!?

My daughter is now 8 monts old and she sleeps in her own crib at night she goes to sleep at 9:30 pm with a bottle she goes to sleep on her own and yet she still wakes up at like 1:30-2:30am and then again at 6-7 am to feed! i dont understand it she should sleep throught the night by now, i havnt tried the cry it out method but her crib is in my room and she knows im always there and when she screams i get her a bottle and she goes right back to sleep but she is too old to be feeding through the night. she only takes like an hour nap all day and she deff eats plenty but i need help to get the sleep needed to function. all suggestions are welcome and appricitated!

Rylees_Momma06

Asked by Rylees_Momma06 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol mine starts her day at 630am but if she is waking to feed , try 2 things.. 1. either just re adjust her and give her a binky, or give her a small bottle with water and she will learn that its nothing exciting to wake up for and sleep till morning
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• babies can safely go for 7 hours without a feeding after they are a year old...until then, plan on waking....usually for the first couple years Im told...My DD is gonna be a year on SUnday and some nights she still wakes 2-3 times a night to nurse...some of it may be comfort nusing. but 8 monhts is still a baby...and you said from 9:30 to 2:30?? Guess what?? That is through the night for a baby...5 hours is considered thru the nite, not 8 like we would like.....and in response to PP, don't give water, it's not good for them...just feed your baby and you will get sleep when she goes to college. Maybe :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:23 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My boys always woke up around 4 or 5 for a bottle until I got rid of the bottles at 12 months. I would try to giver her the pacifier if she has one when she wakes up at 1:30 and see how long she can go without the bottle. If she keeps waking up she probably is still hungry but you may be able to move the time so she only wakes up once instead of twice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• 9.30-2.30 IS sttn. That's 5 hours. Be happy you're getting that. My daughter is 10 months and up every 2-3 hours still. Some kids NEVER go all night. I never did. Welcome to motherhood. If you're bottle feeding, have dad get up with her at one of the wakeups.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:29 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• my DD is 8 months old sleeps 830pm-6:45 am did the water thing 2 times and then offered the paci and she slept like a pro since
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• oh and my creditably with the water trick for the pp that said NOT to do it.. im a pediatric nurse
    anarose26

• Holy Ana...you dont have to get so mean.

You should really let her cry for a while...it wont hurt her and its healthy.

After a little bit of crying, get her a bottle if she doesnt fall back asleep first.
    lovesinglemom

Answer by lovesinglemom at 11:31 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• hunny that was far from mean.. that was rather nice... for me lol
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• okay ana...lol.
    lovesinglemom

Answer by lovesinglemom at 11:41 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Have you tried a little baby cereal before bed ?
    My grandmother said that it use to help with us kids when we were younger and stubborn . LOL
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 17, 2009