Should I move my son to a diff school?

My son has been in the same school since Kinder and is now going into 2nd I just got a great job at another school dist. and if he stays i will pay 220 montlhy just for them to drop him off at school. But if he moves he will be closer to me, he is scared to switch schools and i want to do right by him...what do you guys think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If he's doing well and you like the school and the only issue is the additional $220 a month I'd keep him where he is....
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 11:28 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• switch him he has plenty of time to meet new friends before moving again i hope!! and it shouldnt cost 220$ monthly that must be far
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I would switch him. 220 a month is quite a bit.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 11:39 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Call the PTA president at the new school, check the test scores and try to find parents of current students.

The $220 will be better spent invested in a college fund.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Tell him how it is, change the school. He will be fine. $220 is a chunk of change and you won't have to drive as much.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My ds just started 3rd grade.. This is his 5th new school and he is doing fine and has done fine each and every time.
    Just be sure your job is going to be stable so he will be able to stay in that school if you do decide to move him. Otherwise, Id leave him at his original school and just pay the $220.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 12:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I have had to move our son alot. He adjusted quickly. Explain it the way I did, it is a way for him to make more friends. Last yr, we moved him 3 times. He did just fine, he made the AB honor roll for the yr.
    momof1boy

Answer by momof1boy at 2:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2009