SHOULD I BE DIALTED ANY AT 34 WEEKS??

iS IT KINDA ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT IS OKAY IF i AM, AND ITS OKAY IF IM NOT? iM JSUT CURIOUS SINCE I AM GOING TO MY FIRST ONCE A WEEK APPOINTMENT TODAY SO THAT THEY WILL CHECK, AND WAS WONDERING WHAT TO EXPECT =) i WASNT DIALTED ANY AT 32 WEEKS THOUGH!

OH SRY FOR ALL CAPS

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 11:28 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know I didn't get check until I was 37 week and at that time I was already 2 centimeters and 50 effaced, next week I was 3 cent and 80 then I was 4-5 and fully.. I was induced the next night :) But it doesn't really matter because you till have6 weeks for progress.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:31 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Sometimes if you're having contractions you might have your cervix checked to see if it's preterm labor. But you shouldn't need to get it checked randomly, you don't need to know what your cervix is doing. Even at term it's still irrelevant.
    If possible, refuse to have it checked so that you're not left wondering or worried. That info is not useful!
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:32 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• is different for everyone with my first i began to dilated at 24 wks, with my second at 32 wks. some woman dialted early ,some late, some need help dialting.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:39 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• well i have been in L&D twice for contractions, and was put on brethine, but i was checked both times (the most recent at 32 weeks) and i wasnt dialated any...my dr, said usually they woudld schedule another 2 week appointment, and then start me coming every week, but she was just going to watch me more carefully...
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 11:42 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• No not unless you are going to deliver early. If you do the Dr should put you on low activity and if you keep dilating you may be put on bed rest.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i was 2 cm at 32 weeks, no contractions or anything.. i stayed at 2 cm until i delevered at 38 weeks and 2 days.... they will jsut want to check you every week until you deliver... if your not ahving contractions .. if you start then you should go to L&D..
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Being dilated or not is not an indication of labor so it doesn't matter, that's why there is no need for the checks at all, it wont tell you when labor will start.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:32 AM on Aug. 18, 2009