Food stamps

How does the whole food stamp thing work? I know its for food but just for good or like things that you buy at the grocery store? i looked up information about it but i whatever i found didn't give me much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• Just food but not prepared food like hot food from the deli.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I don't really understand yor question, I know its for food but just for good or like things that you buy at the grocery store? yes food stamps are to buy food you may buy food at any local grocerystore you can buy beverages to milk, pop, cool aid, Orange juice etc...you can not buy hot food or beer or energy drinks. You can buy stuff from 7-eleven any small or large chain that excepts food stamps. It is a card that you scan at the register and the store clerk can walk you through it. You get a receipt that shows you what you spent and what your balance is.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I should have written that question different im sorry. Thank you for your responses
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• How about going back to school then getting a job?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Here is the basic government website, apparently it's now called SNAP.
    http://www.fns.usda.gov/FSP/
    Here is a great FAQ about what you can buy (anything other than smokes & drinks, etc):
    http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/snap.htm
    As far as getting a job (as previously mentioned...), if you need help doing that, TANF can help you with all of that. Check out my blog where I talk about all of this:

www.poorpregnantagain.blogspot.com
    poorpregnant

Answer by poorpregnant at 9:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2009