Would contractions because of dehydration at 27 weeks do anything to my cervix?

I'm 27 weeks 4 days and I had some pretty stong contractions starting at around 11 pm saturday night and go to sunday night, they were on and off so I layed around and drank alot of water and the contractons eventually stopped so I just figured I was having them because I was dehydrated. I didn't go to the er because I don't have insurance so I wanted to try and stop them on my own before they got to bad and plus I have a Doc.appt 2day and I'm gonna have her check me but I'm just wondering even though I wasn't really in labor could those contractions have done anything to my cervix like thin it out ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could possibly but if they stopped I wouldnt worry about it to much , Just make sure to drink tons of water.
    If they happen again lay on your left side and drink water. My dr said resting helps to relax the body so it helps reduce the contractions.
    They could had been braxton hicks tho as well . Those can hurt like heck too.
    I had them once that made me double over in pain .
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I don't think so. They told me if I was dehydrated I'd get false labor and being going through painful contractions for nothing. I'm farther, but I just went through hell the past couple days.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• "sigh" no they don't do anything to it. I had contractions because of dehydration from like...week 19 thru week 30...I'm 31 weeks now and they've slowed a lot, I think it's because I drink almost a gallon of milk every 2 days now (I cant stand water now that I'm pregnant). But I had my doc check me and I'm still completely closed, But I think my cervix is slightly efaced from them, it's a lot softer now than it used to be. So, just have her check and make sure you aren't dialating. And try to drink more...as much as it sucks.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 2:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2009