How do I get my toddler to sleep all night!!?!??!?

My daughter is 2 1/2 and just started sleeping in a toddler bed. I wanted to wait but she started jumping out of her crib. It's only been a week but bedtime is sometimes horrible! I think in the past 2.5 years she has slept through the night, maybe, 4 times. I know that changing from a crib to a bed can be difficult but just getting her to sleep all night would be nice!
Any suggestions on getting her to sleep through the night?

JACKIE3481

Asked by JACKIE3481 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son had a hard time too when i switched him over for the same reason he was jumping out of the crib, it was 3 terrible nights in a row to get him to sleep in it all night long, i would just turn on his night light and shut the door all the way. he would cry for about 5-6 mins and then he was out, and when he would wake up in the middle of the night, i had to let him cry it out, me going in there every time he cried was making it worse for everyone. It is really hard to listen to him cry but i knew it was for the best and so far it has worked out well, and he has been in the bed for about 9 months now
    LilMomma83

Answer by LilMomma83 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I really didnt have a problem swiching my kid to a toddler bed he was in one before he was even 2 cause he kept jumping out of his crib but you might want to try a warm bath 30 min before bed or try readin her a story and sometimes they just have to get use to a different bed good luck
    darkangel198656

Answer by darkangel198656 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2009