Crawling?

When did your LO start REALLY crawling? My DD is 5 months and she's been holding herself up REALLY well for about 2 months now. She's learning how to prop her legs up under her, but whens he does she stretches out so she can lay on her belly..lol. I try to help her by putting toys a little outta reach so she has to get to them somehow, and she pulls herself across the floor on her belly. Do you think that's something I need to be worried about or do you think she'll crawl when she's sick of sliding on her belly? lol

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter scooted and rolled everywhere until like 10 months. Then she crawled, pulled up on everything and started cruising the furniture all at the same time. Don't worry, she's still very young. Now, my daughter is 13 months and climbing up the stairs . . . quickly too . . little stinker!! lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Crawling is not a milestone, and many babies never crawl.

Here is a great website on milestones: www.touchpoints.org

Answer by rkoloms at 12:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• She sounds like she is on track all babies start out that way. A doctor wont worry about them not crawling till around 8 months I think. My DD was crawling around 5 months but her doctor said that wasn't typical. SHe then walked at 9 months so she was just strange. I would guess that she is probably be crawling in the next month or so.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 12:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Rkoloms, I don't know why you insist on posting that website over and over. It is NOT user friendly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I don' think it's anything to worry about. My son did belly crawl for a while. Every baby is different. My son wasn't even belly crawling at 5 mon. He started at 7 mo.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My middle son only belly crawled. He went straight from that to walking, never did the belly up on all 4s.

Answer by missanc at 1:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My son crawled at 8 months, but he rolled and did the "worm" for a good while before then! Crawling brings baby-proofing to entirely new level, haha!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 3:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My DD is 5.5 mos and does the exact same thing. SHe gets up on all fours and rocks pretty hard back and forth and then does the worm thing, too. I was getting dressed this morning and turned around to find that she had one leg braced up high underneath her. She fell over. She's very strong but she hasn't figured out that she needs to move her arms, too. We put a toy in front of her to encourage it, but then she gets frustrated and shrieks. haha.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2009