anyone ever wear a cz ring and pass it off as the real thing??

I'm pregnant and my wedding rings are getting a little tight on my finger.. so I was thinking of buying a cz set to wear until after I have my baby. I'm just afraid it will look too fake. I've never bought one before, can I really pass it off as the real thing?? (My husband and I really don't want to spend a bunch of money on a new ring set just for the next couple of months and I really don't want to go without wearing my wedding rings for that long).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What a cz ring? LOL
    I just took my ring off. No need on spending money on something else when you can wear yours in a couple months.
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• when i was pg and working< iw asnt married> i bought a cz ring and passed it off.. i was so tired of getting hit on and stuff... worked for me
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i just wore my rings around my neck when i got to that point
    mommy-

Answer by mommy- at 12:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Oh!!! I googled it LOL .
    Mine is a cubic zirconia . We couldnt afford much . Mine looks real . Everyone that has seen it says so LOL
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• A guy I WAS engaged to tried to pass off a CZ ring as the real thing! Sure, if fooled me and everyone I showed it to--but not my jeweler when I took it in for an insurance appraisal!!! Let's just say, I didn't stay engaged for long afterward--not just because of the ring, but because he lied repeatedly--even saying the jeweler was wrong--and tried to be something he was not--quite the pontificater!

My now husband bought me a GORGEOUS GENUINE set--this time I was there when he bought it! LOL

However, I don't see a problem with wearing your rings around your neck for a few months--it's obvious why!!! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• mine is a cz too. he couldn't afford much way back then and ya know i thought it was beautiful anyway! looks real and no one knows at all... just me and my hubby. he said he'd replace it with a real one and i said, you will not! it wouldn't be my wedding ring! lol CZ is ok in my book!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Some places will resize it for free too if that's something you're interested in.
    Sagely

Answer by Sagely at 12:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I do. I won't own real diamonds because of the way they are obtained.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I haven't, but as long as you get one where the stones aren't too big, it shouldn't be that noticeable.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i have a beautiful cz ring set, but honestly i wouldnt care to try and pass it off as real, everyone who askes me about it gets the truth, my husband doesnt make alot of money and we cant afford gold or real diamonds so i have a silver cz that i wouldnt trade for the world, when i got so big that they didnt fit i put them around my neck so i could still proudly wear the rings that my hubby gave me.
    mommalori07

Answer by mommalori07 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2009