MILITARY MOMS AND PEDIATRICIANS...I NEED HELP!

of course my son will be on tricare, since my husband is active duty,, and will have to go on base for any care, and to see the doctor, BUT my questions is, do i still need to pick a pediatrician before the delivery?? They say that they come to the room and check out your baby, but what if i dont have one? What did yall do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You dont have to . If you havent they will use the oncall dr .
    It is tho always best to try to pick a dr you want so that they see your baby right from the get go
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I think it depends a lot on where you are stationed at. When we were at Wright Patt in Dayton we didn't have one doc that we saw all the time. We got an apt with whoever they scheduled us with.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• The Military hospital will/should assign you a pediatrician like they assigned you a doctor. 

Answer by louise2 at 12:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• we are at barksdale in la and they do not have a military hospital, so i will be delivering at a regular hospital and i got to choose my obgyn, the jsut did the referral =)
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 12:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• they let my friend choose so both her daughters can see the same dr however neither of them have actually seen that dr! They assigned my daughters dr and she hasn't seen him since the day she was born.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• When I enrolled my son in Tricare Prime, they let me pick the doctor. I went with a civilian one when hubby was stationed at Quantico. I delivered at a military hospital, and I went there for my son's first checkup. Ask moms in your area for a good pediatrician!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 3:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2009