How can I get my 23 mon. son to pee in his potty? He goes poo but no pee.

Potty training

Asked by aidens_mama06 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try turning on the faucet when he's on the potty, or make a game out of it, put cheerios in the potty and tell him to try to sink them or get them wet. etc...

Answer by workenmom at 4:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Well congrats to you poop was the hardest in this house. What made pee fun was my bf taking him to the potty with him. Soon they were laughing about how it makes little bubbles and next thing I knew he was going on the potty, well never the potty potty just the regular toilet he wanted nothing to do with the potty itself so it was a waste of money haha

Answer by notyourmommy76 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I'm not being nosy, but is dad around in his life. My youngest wouldn't use his potty because he saw his older brother standing up to pee and he wanted to stand. Once I started letting him stand we had no problem. Also, you can use Cherrios when they stand to help with their aim. Try to get them to sink them

Answer by dndmomof4 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• The book Once Upon a Potty for Him

Answer by Marhansmom at 5:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I agree on making a game out of it. I have heard this work for many people. The cheerios idea is really a good one

Answer by starglo at 6:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• have him pee outside

Answer by dannersmell at 6:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2008