anybody in the air national guards

i'm in georgia and i want join but i cant find a recruiter. do they have a lot of deployments, if your in georgia and knows a good recruiter please write ack with info........

angelsmommy0721

Asked by angelsmommy0721 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You can join the guard of any state, not just Georgia. Be careful when talking with any recruiter. Remember, they have a quota to fill.

Different states offer different "deals." My state has had a $15,000 sign on bonus...not sure if this will be going on in 2010 yet. They also offer free tuition to the state colleges. Depending on the unit you are in the commander may give you flexibility with the days you serve. My hubby is a commander here and he has a couple of people that he lets do all their time in one lump amount in the summer. That way they don't have to come every month. Hubby's unit also pays 3-1 right now. In other words each day gets the pay of 3 days. I'm not sure if that will continue into 2010.

I would suggest actually calling up some of the units in the state. Our unit is happy to give tours and answer questions. I will be happy to answer some questions you have if you want to email me.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2009