birth questions

next tuesday i will be 41 weeks and being induced...before u go off on me about induction is dangerous...im being induced because the baby is getting too big, and is causing me to fall down when my legs go numb because of my ruptured disc...anyhoo...my question is after the baby is born,whats next? i know u sign the birthcertificate but ive heard that uve also got to get the social security number and stuff. what all do u have to do after baby is born while u are in the hospital

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nothing really . just fill out the paper work .
    The hospital does the SSN stuff for you and you get it in the mail a couple months later.
    Just rest up while you are there. Congrats on the baby .
    WHo ever says its dangerous is nuts my cousin had a induction and her baby is just fine and so is she.
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Hey there,
    I had to be induced at 41 weeks as well - don't worry about anyone bashing you, the doctors are doing what is best for you & baby, although I had to sign a waiver acknowledging the risk factors. You'll apply for the SS# at the hospital, but it won't arrive to you until a few weeks later. The staff should walk you through all the paperwork Best wishes & Congrats!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 3:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2009