will they induce

if you are leaking fluid at 34 weeks will they induce you? i think i have a slow leak and they have an ultrasound scheduled to see why im all of a sudden measuring smaller and i just want to know if its because im leaking will they induce me? my mom was induced a month early for leaking so im scared

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Depends if you are leaking you can have a watery discharge . My hospital wouldnt . They would just have you stay and they would moniter you as long as the baby was ok then the baby staied in you but you have to stay at the hospital . That is my hopspital tho .
    Go to Labor and Delievery they only have to do a swab to see if you are leaking it literally takes 30 secs.
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• If it is labor they'll try to stop it because it's soo early. I've been leaking for months now. Sometimes you're body just leaks fluids. They told me if I fill a pad within an hour to come in. Also, there is a test they can do to find out if it's your water. They just put a little strip down there and check the color. I can go pee, get out of the shower, dry off completely, and within minutes my underwear are wet. Just check and if your that worried, it takes seconds for them to use that test strip. Don't ever be afraid to ask for additional tests. Most docs only do the minimum required.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Hopefully not, you could reseal and go on to your due date or longer! Keep everything out of the vagina and stay hydrated.
    I was gushing for 8 days without laboring at all, I know I don't hold the record...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• with me i was leaking and i went in they gave me an iv and tried to get my fluid back up for 24 hours it didnt work and i was at 4 they didnt want to cause and infection so they started me it took 7 hours for my baby to come out so they might
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 1:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Leaks can self-seal. Drink a lot of water to keep yourself well hydrated. Amniotic fluid is continuously replaced.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2009