depression

I have an appointment in littewhile with my doctor t discuss possible depression issues. I recently just had my secnd child but i don't really ting itis postpartum deression because i have been feeing like this for a long time before the baby i just didn't want to tell anyone because it is embarrassigng. Do i tel he doctor that? Does it make a difference if it is regular depression orm postpartum how theytreat you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Health

• You tell the doctor everything that's going on in your head. Be honest. You're only hurting yourself by holding back. Depression is nothing to mess around with. I suggest you get to your doc immediately to seek proper advice. Best of luck to you.
    geminigirl18

Answer by geminigirl18 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i had it start at 7 months pregnant
    doc put me on pills
    and cont until a few months after birth
    do not fool around with this
    tell doc all
    and do not be embarrassed
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Be completely honest. Depression should not be embarrassing to you. It's nothing to be ashamed of. See your doctor and be completely honest. It will help so much more.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 1:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2009