Happy Family???

Im due in Oct. Ma x is tellin me hes going to take me to court nd prove me unfit.. Problem w/ that is hes ben in nd outta jail/foster as a teen he has not family, no job, no place 2live...Nd he has a felony...Hes 19... Nd jus got his GED...
Ive only been n trouble Ihave a big family on both sides that say their here 2help me...Im takin online classes 1left nd im dun w/ skool. He has had anger problems
and im afraid if by sumhow he gets thys kid hes gonna hurt her...So is ther any way he would be able to? Irecently printed off our conversation on IM bout how hes gonna kill him self nd he hopes i die cuz i dont wanna drop
everything up her and move down to southern ohio wher its jus him, his sis he just met, and her son. He jus doesnt understand that iwont drop everything/every1
nd move down there w/ nothing nd 2depend on him...ineed mima, friends,family.
Tha last thing he said was have fun haven ur ma hold ur hand.

ChArliJo

Asked by ChArliJo at 12:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Please repost this legibly, and we will try to help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• no,the courts always part with the mothers side as long as ur not doing drugs and what not.he has no chance even if he was perfect.the most he can get is joint custady were u guys share him,but baby lives with mom.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• also im sure he doesnt have thousands to dish out for court.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Now courts do give custody to the father sometimes, even when the mother is not unfit.

However, he doesn't have a shot in hell of getting full custody. He may not even be able to get joint custody. He has a record, he doesn't have a job... none of these things look good. He has to prove himself to be stable and reliable. Nothing in his past says that to me.

He can't prove you to be an unfit parent unless there IS something really wrong...

It sounds like it's just empty threats because you wouldn't move to be with him.

Not to mention the cost of taking you to court to get custody.

Now...

If he had a good job and a good home for you and your baby... and he wanted to marry you and you wanted to marry him, and you still refused to move with him... then I would think that you might be letting your mama hold your hand.

But in this case, you are doing the right thing for you and your baby.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• It is very hard to prove a mother unfit. Unless you are some crack whore. I would however try to learn to spell and speak correctly. They way this was written makes you appear very uneducated.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2009