What sports or activities are your children in?

I am trying to find different things for my son to do. he is almost 7 and plays baseball during the summer and we are thinking about putting him in martial arts... Wondering what your kiddos are involved in!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son's 5th birthday is TODAY! *sigh* We are getting him Tae Kwon Do lessons. His sister, who's 3, will be starting the Tiernan Irish Dancers....as a fairy dancer, since she is so young. I'm also looking at hiring someone to teach them how to play the piano. I'm of the opinion that if they are active now, rather than later, than they will do much better in school, work and in life.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 1:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Both of my sons, 7 and 11, play ice hockey. They love it. My oldest has also done a little Karate, but still loves Hockey more. In fact we have a game to go to tonight. :) (They play in summer leagues too)
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 1:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My son took Tae Kwon Do for 1 1/2 years. He got to the point where he wanted to try something new, so we are taking a break from it right now. This past spring he played T-Ball, this summer he played Soccer, and here in a few weeks he starts flag football. And as you can guess, in the winter he will play basketball. Good Luck in finding activities for your son. I hope he enjoys Tae Kwon Do.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My son and daughter (9 and 8) play basketball, fall and spring season.

Answer by missanc at 1:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• my son has been in dance, karate, and baseball. Next year he wants to play football, soccer and baseball
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 3:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My son is almost 8 and does floor hockey in the fall and winter. It meets Friday evenings. He wanted to do football (which is only offered as flag football at our park) but it meets on Tuesdays and he just can't handle getting his homework done in time to go to class so I said no. He is struggling in school and last year it was taking him 3 hours to do 3 sheets of homework (that the teacher said should take no more then 30 minutes).
    My almost 7yo girl takes gymnastics and used to do soccer.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My 7 year old daughter has been in gymnastics for a little over a year now and really enjoys it. She was in Taekwon Do for a few months but it just wasn't for her. Next summer she'll start track (never seen a kid who likes to run more!). Pretty much every kid likes gymnastics and it helps them with just about every other sport.
    kameka

Answer by kameka at 12:12 AM on Aug. 24, 2009