Tell me...What do you think? Again?

Ok I decided to name my daughter Jaylynne Amethyst. Her name was chosen due to my heritage and she is also named after me. I am getting 50/50 on the names like someone does and someone does not like it. Mostly because of the spellings. How would you make it any different and how would you spell it?

crazypinkzebra

Asked by crazypinkzebra at 1:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think its pretty !! I wouldnt change it after all it's ur baby so you should get to pick her name how ever you want it don't worry it's nice.
    florezitta10

Answer by florezitta10 at 1:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Well, first off...it's completely on you....Do you like the way it's spelled? I would say though...Jaelynn Amethyst....IMO
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 1:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• You already saw my alternative spelling:

Jailyn Amethyst . . . can't change Amethyst.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I've heard of couples who refuse to share what they are going to name their baby until the birth certificate is signed, sealed, and delivered . It is the parent's prerogative to name their child, and wise relatives will keep their mouths shut on the issue. I think the name and spelling you chose is lovely! I also think that parents shouldn't name their child something so weird that it causes them grief later when they are in school. Boys have a harder time with weird names than girls do. And you can pick the most lovely name, and then something will happen in a few years to cause the child problems... I was named "Lorelei" seventeen years before the group Styx wrote the song "Lorelei, Let's Live Together!" So I was a freshman in college when it was popular, and I got awfully tired of hearing it sung to me. The song passed, my name did not. I like my name. It's better than a really popular name that everyone has.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 1:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Jailyn....Is she going to jail?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I like it. :)
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Jailyn....Is she going to jail?

Wow, there are plenty of names that have other words inside them, genius. My name is Bridget . . . there is Bridge, ridge and get in there . . . so get off of em!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• If I were you I would spell it exactly like you did because...well, I would be you and you obviously like it that way! lol Seriously, your baby, your choice. Don't worry about anyone else's opinion.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 5:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I love it, spelling and all. When she is older she can go by Lynn or Jay or leave it long.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• It's very unusual, and definitely pronounceable.

Are you OK with "Jay" or "Lynne" as nicknames? Because it's pretty much a guarantee that three will be a nickname!

Answer by gdiamante at 2:57 AM on Aug. 18, 2009