Front door or back door?

I use my back door because I park in the back. When people come to my house and knock on my back door it really bothers me! My back door has the mudroom, you have full access to see my laundry room, and walk through my kitchen. My children's gunieau pigs are back there and they stink! I don't want that to be anyone's first impression on my house! lol I was wondering what everyone else thinks. Am I just crazy thinking it is rude as well as not my preference!

IWantLotsOfKids

Asked by IWantLotsOfKids at 1:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well why would anyone walk all the way around back? lol that is kinda rude. I wouldnt like it plus the front doors is just right there is there anything blocking the front door that they would think its ok to go to the back?
    florezitta10

Answer by florezitta10 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• You could always put up a sign "Please use front door."
    I know some houses are built so weird. lol. The back end of the house is facing the street - or right at the driveway, and the front is around the back - so some just assume.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 1:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I know what you mean. My in-laws park in my drive way but rather than coming to the front door they go thru the garage that leads to my laundry rm to get in my house,drives me nuttty!!!
    briannasmom2

Answer by briannasmom2 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I use my door that comes in through the garage, and I like my kids to use that door because I have their backpack hooks and shoe racks set up there, but I like visitors to use my front door. I don't generally have people that visit come in through my garage, except my mom b/c she's here a lot (she lives 2 miles away)/

Answer by missanc at 1:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Everyone uses my garage door. It's annoying when they come to the front door since it's locked and i have to get up. :) but I also know it's repsectful so I do expect unexpected guests to come to the front door and knock/ring the bell. But most of my "usual" guests just come in anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Hi,hi,hi...I TOTALLY misunderstood the question...That will teach me and my dirty mind!

Well, we use the backdoor, and accually put up a pretty, little, homemade signs in the window of our other door, with an arrow pointing to the back.
    The front door leads into the room where we keep our guard dogs, when guests are comming over. And since we would like to keep our friends around, the sign guide them to the safe entrance :-)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 6:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• NO I DON'T
    molly900

Answer by molly900 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2009