Prenatal vitamins...and metallic taste.

So I have found out if I take my prenatals every single day like I am supposed to it leaves a horrible metallic taste in my mouth all day long. However, if I take it every other day there is no metallic taste. Why is this? And no bashing for not taking them every day...the reason I found this out is because I forgot one day. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its just from all the minerals in them i had the smae problem so i started doing the 2 flinstones vitamins once a day and that fixed my problem good luck
    darkangel198656

Answer by darkangel198656 at 1:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• It's also possible that the taste isn't related to the vitamins and is just a symptom of the pregnancy. It's very common to have a metallic taste during the first trimester than slowly goes away as you get into the 2nd trimester.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i found that i get a metallic taste from sugar... especially sugar from fruit
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• metallic taste = problem with your iron levels
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2009