has anyone ever been perscribed this?.....

my doc perscribed me Aidapex. it's a diet pill and just wondering if it works...

busymamma503

Asked by busymamma503 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I've never taken it, but I know plenty of people who have. It does work, for most people that I know, but I also know that it is like a "speed" pill and has quite a few potential side effects. Also, I wouldnt take it too late in the day if you want to sleep at all in the night. And if you are a caffine drinker, you may want to either back off a little or not drink any at all, you may end up feeling too jittery
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 4:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Adipex is a form of phentermine. It is good to get a jump start on weight loss....but you need to work more towards forming good eating and exercising habits. This medication can be very habit forming and is usually only prescribed for a very short period of time to get that bit of a jump start.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Yes it will make you lost a lot of weight fast, but there is a down side. You can gain it back fast too because your body hasn't had time to adjust. Also, it will make you not want to eat, but you HAVE to eat enough calories, because if you don't once you go off the pills you can gain it all back because your body will hold on to any calories you consume if it feels like it is being starved of them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Aug. 19, 2009