Will you help stop this bill?

HR 2749...... a bill that we should all be concerned with. Passed through so quickly, I doubt any congressman/congresswoman actually read it through. If they did, they would undoubtedly (at least I am hoping) vote NO for it. It's an important bill concerning the FDA and our farmers/food. Here's the link to copy/paste, I'll provide the clickable one below...... http://www.ftcldf.org/news/news-15june2009.htm
I sure as heck don't want to give the FDA even more power, and therefore eliminating the smaller farms in the business.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Can you provide a "what this means to you" summary? My head is still spinning having sifted through the ObamaCare Bill and Cap & Trade--I don't think I can process ANOTHER bill!!!

I fully support capitalism--and know that farmers often get the short end of the stick and tons of regulations that infringe on their business. So anything that get the government to lessen their control has my vote! :O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I remember not to long ago that someone big connected with this bill has a hubby with a company that will benefit big time. I can't remember off the top of my head and I don't have any time to look right now. There was a huge conflict of interest issue.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Give them more power? What are you talking about, Bush did a good job of taking so much of it away that food inspections aren't nearly as stringent as they used to be. Notice how in the last few years alone we've had more salmonella, e-coli, and other lovely nasties break out? Look to Bush killing FDA funding and rights. If anything this bill shoudl fix what he royally screwed up. I don't like Obama, but for once I think the man has got it right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• If the FDA had not been stripped of funding and power under W there would be no need to increase its power back up to its former level
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

Always has to be one who just can't live in the present
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• " itsme...
    If the FDA had not been stripped of funding and power under W there would be no need to increase its power back up to its former level

Always has to be one who just can't live in the present "

So the present isn't at all affected by actions in the past?
    guitarlove

Answer by guitarlove at 4:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Here you go Lori,

http://www.ftcldf.org/docs/hr2749_talkingpoints.html
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• FDA cant keep their brain on straight:

We have medications that cause lawsuits (and other symptoms).
    We have food that causes diseases.
    And what the freak are we doing buying food from other countries anyway?

By the time the govt spends all our money we will have no choice but to become self sufficient.
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• As a farm girl, absolutely. I'll write my senators.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2009