If you want to buy something very expensive just for you. Do you consult with dh or just buy it and never tell him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• It depends on the family. For instance, my parents both work full time and they both bring home a good amount of money. They always have more then enough money left over every month, and if one of them wants to buy an expensive item they will just go buy it. They have a joint checking account where all the bills are paid from, then they both have individual accounts where their "fun money" is at.. Now, if it was me and my partner, we would consult on the purchase, because we share one account, and we don't always have excess money each month. So, really, it is up to the dynamics of YOUR marriage.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I would talk to DH about it thats why YOUR IN A MARRAIGE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Absolutely consult DH and I absolutely expect the same courtesy from him.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My dh and I have separate accounts, but if it's an expensive item, we still consult one another just out of courtesy.

Answer by missanc at 1:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• We have a set limit where we have to discuss it with each other before purchase. It used to be as low as $20. Now it's a bit higher, but we still have a set limit.

I would definitely discuss it with him, and he would with me.

Unless it's a gift for them of course.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2009