Sharing a room...

So I have a 2 1/2 year old and an 8 month old. We are currently renting a 2 bedroom place. My 8 month old is waking up several times a night since she is still in our room. She has been waking up a LOT!!! My mom thinks I should put my kids together in my sons room, but I am not feeling the ideal. It just worries me that my son might throw something in my daughter crib or they keep each other awake all night. I need some suggestions, my husband and I are worn out! :)

BoobiePrize

Asked by BoobiePrize at 1:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well we have a little "breakfast" nook in the entrance of our kitchen, we moved her in there and moved all my sons toys into his room. Hoping we all sleep tonight!!! Thank you ladies!!!
    BoobiePrize

Answer by BoobiePrize at 8:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I dont think it matters if you move the baby in the other room because if the baby still wakes up during the nite, you still have to get up with her. My 5 year old and 14 month old share a room now but my 14 month old is sleeping through most nites. I would just leave the baby in your room until your 2.5yr old is old enough to know better than to throw stuff in the crib. Hope you find a solution fast!! Good Luck!!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 1:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• do you have a playpin? you could let the baby sleep in the living room.. it maybe that shes a light sleeper and the sound of you or hubby rolling over wakes her up.... jsut a suggestion.. i know how frusterating it can be!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 2:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I'd say go for it. I'm going to put Lucy in Xylia's room when we're ready to move her. I don't know about you but Xylia goes to bed before Lucy right now but they still wake up at the same time.

I think you'll have to baby proof his room all over again, no toys she can choke on etc. But I think it should be fine.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 2:55 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• for now I agree put her in the hallway or living room. That way she doesn't hear you two and she still won't wake up the older child. Until she is at least sleeping thru the night
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I say try it. We put our other son in the pack and play for a long time and then put a crib tent over the crib and they shared a room. Wasn't a problem.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2009