is the target prenatal vitamins just like the others?

I am just wondering Cause they are a good price and I didnt want to spend $13 on a small bottle when I can get the target brand for $5. I looked at the vitamins on the back and it was the same so I didnt see the difference?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They are the same. I have asked many doctors about it. i have had 2 children, both welll and healthy, and abour 4 OBGYNS [ we r military, and moved often] and they all said that aslong as they are PRENATAL VITAMINS they are good to go... sometimes all u buy is the name tag... and not the contents... congrats
    Bebe510

Answer by Bebe510 at 2:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• yes! I NEVER bought the name brand pre natals. I always buy store brand for MANY things such as baby tylenol, oragel etc.
    MiMi.

Answer by MiMi. at 1:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• OP...Thanks ladies. Makes me feel better taking them!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• yeah i'm sure you're fine with the generic brands especially if you compare them and they're the same as the big names. I was going to have to pay a $25 copay for a prescription vitamin (30 day supply, so i'd have to pay it multiple times) so i just got myself a generic over hte counter one. no problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• the target ones are fine thats what im taking but i recently read a report that dollar store prenatals are NOT ok. they often times do not contain the ingredients that the lable says they do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Those are the same ones I've taken for my whole pregnancy. Just make sure you take them with food. Sometimes they make me nausious if I don't eat enough with them.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• OP...Thank you anon 31. Good to know but I never seen the prenatal vitamins at the doloar store so never thought about it.. Is it the same for the childrens vitamins? I have seen them there but was weary of getting them.

moviemom22- thanks for the tip. I do that anyways...it seems like any kind of vitamin if I dont eat before I get sick so its just become a habit. Good to know though,thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• yes same ingredients but the doctors now say buy the pre-natals with DHA, it helps brain developement you can find them at costco
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My daughter gets sick from her Prenate w/DHA . It has fish oils in it that make her burp foul fish all day so the OB recommended Flintstones chewables. You just have to make sure with your OB.
    GotteAClue

Answer by GotteAClue at 1:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2009