What would you do if someone came to your door at 930 pm trying to sell you something?

Seriuosly this happened to us like a week ago.. i made my fiancee talk to them cuz he was a whole lot nicer then i would have been (I am 8 months pregnant and not very patient with stupid crap right now) he told her we were not interested and to try and come back during the day...

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My dh would have answered the door with a gun in his hand. We live in a nice neighborhood, but it's heavily wooded and we don't have that kind of traffic generally.

Answer by missanc at 1:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I refuse to answer my door to strangers anymore. I let in one salesperson one time and they said they could take 10 min if that's all I had so I agreed. Well 2 1/2 hours later they were STILL there... after I had said that I needed to go make dinner and get my family fed. "oh, just one more thing" they kept saying...I was so mad. I'll never open my door to a face I don't recognize again. at 9:30 am I probably would still not be really going yet anyway, so that early would make me mad.
    stykir

Answer by stykir at 2:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I would have said "Do you know what time it is?" When I was pregnant, I was a real trip. We live on a corner lot, so the kids like to congregate in my front yard..... I dont think so. When we moved here, I was super prego and I was like "Get off the lawn" They probably think I'm mean, but I don't care. They played in the yard and the dogs barked like crazy! I was putting a stop to it! Sales people piss me off any time of day. Don't come and bother me at home, waking my baby, stirring up the dogs. I get plenty of "sales persuasion" in my home through the television, internet and the mail. I usually don't even answer the door. At 930, I would answer the door just to yell at them! (if dh was home)
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:02 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I would have found out who she worked for and reported it. It is not ok.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 2:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I personally would not answer. Or let my dh answer the door.

Answer by louise2 at 2:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• OMG I had 3 of those JW people come to my door late at night. I basically told them get their asses and their bullshit off my property before I removed them myself.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 2:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I would of been pissed. I wouldnt of answered the door. I usually dont unless they dont go away...even if my son is loud I dont. I dont need to be sold something at my door if I want it I will go out and get it myself
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 2:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• OH that did happen before.... but only at 8:30 pm!! I keep the screen door locked so I answered it and totally bitched the guy out for coming to the door while I was trying to get both kids in bed. Of course the screaming 13 month old in my arms drove the point home!! My hubby was like "well, that guy probably just quit that job b/c you did quite a number on him!!" LOL

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I would have told them in fairly ripe language that I had no intention of buying anything or listening to anything they had to say at that time or ever and they had better leave NOW.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I wouldve thought it was a crackhead.. seriously who sells things door to door that late?
    faithfulmomof1

Answer by faithfulmomof1 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2009