Do you know this recipe?

I wanted to make my own ranch dressing and I got the hidden valley ranch seasoning package, well there is only the dip recipe. Do you know the dressing recipe. I already have the seasoning and the buttermilk but I need to know if there is anything else and how much.

crazypinkzebra

Asked by crazypinkzebra at 2:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Add one cup mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip will substitute) and 1 cup buttermilk to the dry mix.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• From SweetSavvy:
    BUTTERMILK RANCH DRESSING DRY MIX
    This can be used in any recipe that calls for dry ranch dressing mix.
    You can mix this in any amount, store it in a jar, and use it as needed.
    When creating this recipe, I used small containers of herbs from Simply Organic, which I found in my local natural food store (they contain eight teaspoons of herbs, so if you are combining these little containers to make this, use eight teaspoons of salt and evaporated cane juice).
    Simply mix together equal amounts of the following dry ingredients:
    salt (use a natural salt such as sea salt or Himalayan salt)
    dried bell peppers (I used Simply Organic "veggie pepper" that contains black pepper, onion, garlic, celery, and bell peppers...if you don't use this, add some black pepper along with dried bell peppers)
    garlic powder (powder, not garlic salt)
    onion powder (powder, not onion salt)
    evaporated cane juice (any sugar

Answer by rkoloms at 2:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• cont.
    evaporated cane juice (Sucanat or Rapadura, you could also substitute any dry sweetener you like, but it will taste different)
    parseley flakes
    thyme
    basil
    Adjust to add more or less of any ingredient to suit your taste.
    I like about 6 teaspoons per cup of whatever you are adding it to.
    BUTTERMILK RANCH SALAD DRESSING
    The brand name dressing calls for adding the dry mix to a combination of buttermilk and mayonnaise. But when searching for buttermilk dressing recipes, I found a wide variety of ratios for the buttermilk and mayonnaise. And, sometimes yogurt or sour cream was used instead of the mayo.
    For the test recipe I used one cup buttermilk and 1/4 cup mayonnaise, and that was a good ratio for me. I also added about a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar so as to not lose the tang of the buttermilk when I added the mayo.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2009