How can i make steak tender???

I hate making steak for the simple fact that everytime i make it i can never get it tender enough like i like it. I like steak so tender that it falls off the bone like roast. Can anyone give me some tips on how to acomplish this?? thanks so much in advance
God Bless

angels4262

Asked by angels4262 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• get one of those pounder things. lol. i forget what its called.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Soak in beer overnight. It's a great meat tenderizer.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Buy a VERY expensive cut of steak instead of cheap cuts. The more pricy cuts are always tender and DONT cook them well done as that kills the tenderness of the meat.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• do you have a tenderizing mallet thingy? I have seen them on tv wrap the meat up and use a hammer on it. Breaks up the meat fibers. Ignore some people not all of us can afford the expensive cuts every time we buy beef. Cook it slowly in the crockpot with some liquid ( I like to use beef broth).
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Cheap cuts are tuff. If you are grilling you will need a filet (tenderloin) or ribeye. Some even like NY strip or t-bones. You can grill sirloin but it's going to be tuffer than the rest. If you slow cook it in the oven or in a crock pot, any cut will do. Sirloin has to be cooked fast or it will get tuff quick. If you put it in the oven for 2 hrs (slow) it will be fine. Most roast go in the crock pot then it forks off.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2009