sex after birth

how long should I wait to have sex after my son was born? dont feel any pain anymore from the stitches or the hemroids (sorry if tmi) only thing that still hurts is the bruised tailbone!

AlexesmommySam

Asked by AlexesmommySam at 2:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• 6 weeks and make sure you are on b/c or use a condom because you are one fertale lil thing after you have a baby unless you want another one, but dr recommands 6 weeks.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 2:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• it is recommended to wait 6 weeks to make sure everything is healed. but we waited 4 and i couldnt wait any longer and everything was okay. but use a condom!!
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 2:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My doc told me 40 days and 40 nights was how long you needed to wait (13 yrs ago) What most people dont think about is the rate of infection, there are possible tears and things that dont need the extra stuff when they are healing....and of course the pregnant again thing, you probably dont want that either. :)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:59 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My doctor does post partum check ups at 4 weeks now.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 1:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2009