How do i organize my dump??Help

Im a sahm mom of 3 kids. 18mths, 30mths,a and 5ina half. My house is so unorganized, toys are always everywhere, laundry i do everyday, but still piles up and i get it done sometimes but it sits in laundry baskets because i can never get around to putting away, i have tile floor and i mop and sweep all day long and it still by the end of the day it looks like i have not moped and sweeped in days, I wash dishes all day, and still my sink is full of dishes( and i have to do them by hand i don't have a dish washer) HELP me regain some since of overganization and cleanliness for adleast 2hrs. Thanks in advance
God Bless

angels4262

Asked by angels4262 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I know how you feel...are you sure you don't live at my house. LOL I need help too in the same way. I wish I could help. Go to Flylady.com. I tried it out and it is really neat, good little tips. Hope it helps.
    KRYSTALxoxo

Answer by KRYSTALxoxo at 3:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• thanks
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I know how you feel as well! And I only have one 2 yr old. I always have toys everywhere as well. So I sing the clean up song and have my DD help me clean up her toys. To eliminate the toys everywhere I got an ottoman? (not sure if thats the right name) its like a rectangle shaped foot stool but you can open it and store stuff in it. Anyways I got a big rectangle one and just throw all of her toys in it. She knows how to open it and that way when the toys are cleaned up you dont see them everywhere. As far as the laundry thing goes I would say designate 1 or 2 days a week to do laundry that way you know whats ahead of you and you dont get overwhelmed because you are doing it everyday. I would say for the dishes, if you can afford it or you have the room buy a dishwasher. They arent too expensive and that eliminates half your dish time. Also there is nothing wrong with eating off paper plates. Especially with little kids.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• So maybe for like lunch you can use paper plates or even when you have pizza or something for dinner do the same. That will help out alot. Also try to have your 5 yr old help you with dishes. Teach him/her how to wash little things with you like little plates and stuff and give him an allowance for helping out. You can also do this with other chores around the house. My mom used to have me fold towels or match socks when I was around that age. Then when he/she earns enough money take them to buy whatever they want. (small toy, candy bar ect.) that teaches them to manage money and spend smart. So you accomplish 2 things in 1. And as far as the tile floor goes. I know how you feel I have like an off white tile floor in my kitchen so it never looks clean. Dont torture yourself and do it that many times. I would say at the end of the day sweep and mop. as far as little messes go during the day just wipe them up. GL :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• my house was getting dirtier then i could keep up with. like your problem i felt overwhelmed. so i saw trat someone needed babysitting and they wanted to trade. so she cleans what i can't get too and i watch her kid. it has been a great help. i have her do the work i put off and being pregnant i have a list of things to get done and organized that seems endless. she mops and dusted my blinds and next she will wipe down my walls. thinking i should have her do the baseboards too. in fact i have to think of jobs for her to do so she doesn't pay me. maybe my house work wasn't as bad but if you had something to trade that someone needs try it. i actually need someone that can sew. i don't have anything really i can trade accept clean house but gosh i don't want to do that.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Try to get a dishwasher or get disposable plates and cups from the dollar store, even if you only get them twice a month, believe me, it helps.

I'm going to get these small ottomans from target for $15 to put ds toys away so that my living room doesnt look like toys r us anymore, lol.

I stopped mopping my kitchen floor every night. I do it every other night, but only because ds doesnt come in the kitchen that often. I do sweep often.

husband needs to pitch in a little bit. I finally got my dh to clean the tub for me because it was the hardest for me to do. just one thing that they do is not horrible for them but it helps us alot.

pare down on the toys, kids dont need that much. my son has enough to keep him entertained but not so much that it takes me an hour to put away. his favorite toy is a large empty box of pampers.

I wish you to the best of luck.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I think the best thing to do is to have a schedule of when you are going to do what as far as the chores go. Even if you just did it. it's going to need to be done again right away with the little ones around. So this way, even though it's never all done at once, you feel better because you know in your mind that it will get done when you have it planned... If it's ongoing and haphazard it's easier to feel overwhelmed. Do the laundry everyother day for example from start to fininsh (folded and put away) instead of having half done stuff everywhere. It only matters to you usually and this helped me keep feel better about it. Good Luck!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 2:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2009