Will my baby have a scar?

My 18 month old fell and cut his forehead, and he keeps pulling the scab off. I'm really worried he'll have a scar -- it's right in the middle of his forehead. I've been using neosporin and Vitamin E on it. I thought about using a bandage, but he would only pull that off too. Help! Any ideas? I REALLY REALLY don't want him to have a scar in the middle of his forehead!

Tentaculata

Asked by Tentaculata at 2:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put sunscreen over it every he goes out.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 2:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Take care of it, for sure but babies skin heals so quickly and so well - my oldest pulled a dresser over on himself when he was 18 months and his dad was "watching" him, the lamp came down on his head and gashed it - he probably needed stitches, but I didn't get home until a few hours later. He's 11 now and you can't even see it.

Answer by missanc at 3:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• yep.. most "scars" kids get under the age of 3 or so fade drastically by the time they are 6-7 that you never notice them...
    my 3 year old has 2 one on each cheek its been a little over a year on 1 and you can only see it if hes been in the sun or is really hot
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• maybe he'll look like harry potter then lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• It will probably scar. HOWEVER!!! Use sunscreen on it ALL THE TIME and do what you can to get him to stop picking at it. (yeah..I know)

He's little. It will fade over time. If you keep it out of the sun, it won't be so bad. Get a sunscreen stick so you can just swipe it every so often when you're out to keep it good and covered!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My dd cut her finger so bad they had to glue it and it was buldged out a little and that was just a few months ago now you would never know she cut it unless she told you theres NO scar or anything
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 5:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2009