my life is cluttered help??/ and make it quick and easy

Im a sahm mom of 3 kids. 18mths, 30mths,a and 5ina half. My house is so unorganized, toys are always everywhere, laundry i do everyday, but still piles up and i get it done sometimes but it sits in laundry baskets because i can never get around to putting away, i have tile floor and i mop and sweep all day long and it still by the end of the day it looks like i have not moped and sweeped in days, I wash dishes all day, and still my sink is full of dishes( and i have to do them by hand i don't have a dish washer) HELP me regain some since of overganization and cleanliness for adleast 2hrs, and quick and easy cleanup
God Bless

angels4262

Asked by angels4262 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Try to get up an hr earlier than the kids. That way you can get some of the laundry put up and what not. After the kids go to bed, then do your sweeping and mopping. Your 5 yr old can help you fold. You can also give the 5 yr old a wet rag and they can wipe down tables or what ever you need to have wiped down. My son loves that. He has been cleaning his room since he was that age, I helped then, but now he does that on his own. If you have any moments to sit down, everytime you get up, pick something up in the living room that needs to be put up. I try to do that and it adds up. Good luck.
    momof1boy

Answer by momof1boy at 3:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I don't know what to tell you sounds like my house.. but as the wise Lady gaga would say "Just Dance.. It'll be o.k."
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Is there anyway you can afford a mother's helper one or two mornings/week? My mom watches my son for one morning a week while my older kids are in school, for just an hour or so and it's amazing what I can get done in one hour when I'm not having to stop and help him with a toy or check to see where he is. Keep a big basket in your living room for toys - make that a game for your children - turn on music and see how many things they can pick up in one song, see who can pick up the most, etc. Use paper plates at least for breakfast and lunch for easy cleanup. My kids get one cup per day in the summer and they are old enough to rinse out their cups and put them at their place at the table. You would have to rinse them out since yours are young, but it would save washing dishes. (I have colored plastic cups they use to keep up with their color)

Answer by missanc at 2:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• for lunches if the kids are having sandwiches use a 1/2 of napkin or paper towel no dishes to wash there. put the toys in bins and rotate them around that way there are not so many out and the fewer toys they can get into the fewer messes. At 5 that child can help put away their own laundry. the 30 month old can help sort (this helps to learn colors and matching) and fold small towels and washcloths make a game out of it. I would have DH help you with the laundry at night, 15 minutes before bedtime sort it all out on your bed put as much away as you can within that 15 minute mark. You would be surprised at how much you 2 can get done together and it is a nice time to talk. Do you have a "no shoes in the house rule"? That will cut doewn on the tile floor messes.

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My dh and I have a combined 20 grandkids, there is always a ton of them at my house. It is very hectic and messy! I keep a couple basket on the main floor, to put things in that go upstairs. I say not to sweep and mop until they go to bed at night, no sense in doing it 10x a day! Try getting them to all sit at the table for snacks and meals. Putting clean clothes away is the hardest job for me too...try having a seperate basket for each bedroom, so then you can just take one at a time and put it away. Decide to only do the dishes twice a day, after lunch and after dinner. Try not to stress too much about the mess, anyone who has small children knows how it is. Just do what you can....before you know it they'll be in school!~
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• flylady.com
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• thanks everyone for ur bright ideas, and robin i would take advice from u anydday with 20grandkids wow u were blessed. i can apply eveyones ideas and i think i know what i need to do. use more baskets, put some laundry away everyday and don't stress that it is not all put away, sweep and mop at night, dishes afternoon and night. keep most toys in room, and put my 2 oldest to work with me.
    Thanks
    God Bless
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I had the same problem with my house being cluttered, I don't have time right now but I will send you a message tomorrow and tell you what I did. It worked great!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2009