• In the Spotlight:

celiac free diet

my son was diagnosed with autism a few months ago. i have been reading jenny mccarthys book about a gluten and casein free diet to "cure" him and i am very interested in starting. i was just wondering if anyone has tried this and if u found it to help at all. i know all cases are different and the treatment would be different for everyone but just wondering about anyone elses experience with it.

zachnsalsmommy

Asked by zachnsalsmommy at 2:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Health

• I don't know about use as a cure for autism, but i do know that a gluten/casein free diet is a very specific, difficult diet to follow. my dad may have celiac disease and he actually can'tt stick to a diet like that- too many things are on the "no" list. breads, most dairy, anything with wheat, oats, and most other grains, certain veggies and fruits, the list goes on. I would check with your child's doctor before trying anything that involved if he doesn't have celiac disease.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2009