How do you get rid of gnats?

I have like 100 gnats in my house and they are driving me crazy! I know they like to be around fruit so I put all fruit in the fridge. They are still here! I put up some fly traps and caught a few but they are still here! I am afraid to eat cause I dont want one landing in my food! What should I do?

annamcg18

Asked by annamcg18 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• sit a cup of apple cider vinegar on the counter for a few days. they will start to disappear.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 2:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• glass of sweet wine on your windowsill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I heard apple cider vinegar with a few drops of dish soup in a glass, their attracted to is and get stuck in the liquid. also if you have any house plants check the soil they may be hatching from there, you may have to get a insecticide spray for them, they have some that are natural & safe around kids and pets

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 7:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• The plant thing explains a lot! Thank you so much ladies! I will be trying everything!
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 9:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2009