When I wake up I get horrible cramps/pains in my abdomen when I move positions

Like after sleeping for a while (inbetween pees) and I try to get up, i'll get horrid pains in my abdominal muscles and have to move very slowly. Is this common?

I'm 28 weeks.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not only is it ligaments stretching, but now that I'm 35 weeks I can tell you that the baby will move with gravity as I heave-ho from one side to another and it takes a bit to get used to the positioning.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Your round ligaments are stretching with your growing belly.... you need to move very slowly when getting up... use supports, don't just sit up,,, roll over and use your arms to help you push yourself up... these ligaments are very tender through your whole pregnancy so be carefull... they can tear and it HURTS very bad... be careful not to over do it... (=
    SweetAkMom

Answer by SweetAkMom at 2:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Im having pains and I'm only 17 weeks... Doc told me its round ligament and sometimes I think its bad gas pains too. Happens a lot during pregnancy.
    If you feel pain while you are peeing or right before you pee, it could be signs of an infection so speak to your doc about it,
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 2:55 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• thanks

i just meant that i wake up several times during the night to pee, so i get to sleep "inbetween pees" at night.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Ligaments stretching! I remember it hurting to roll or cough as well.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 3:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I get the same thing too and was a little concerned, but figured it was normal. Lately (I'm 33 weeks) it seems like I get them more on my left side, so I switch sides alot during the night.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• yeah its what pp said. it will get worse as your belly grows bigger
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2009