is one specialty food store better than another?

my son has autism and we are going to be trying the gluten and casein free diet to lessen his symptoms. just wondering if anyone who shops at an organic food store(ie: whole foods) has shopped at a couple different ones and would be able to give me the one that has the best food yet doesnt have ridiculously high prices. we really want to help him but of course, just like everyone else, we need to spend our $$ wisely. thank u!

zachnsalsmommy

Asked by zachnsalsmommy at 2:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Shopping

• I've used Whole Foods and Central Market. I like them both. They are both fairly nice, with lots of options, just a bit more expensive than regular grocery stores (to me though, its better quality too).
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Central Market rocks, but it's only in Texas so far.

I don't live where there is a Trader Joe's, but from what I've heard it basically beats the pants off of all of the competition.

I live in a city where there's a bit of competition between the stores, and I find that shopping each one for it's loss-leaders (The really cheap, advertised items) only really helps.

Whole Foods store brand (365) is awesome.

Surprisingly, the Safeway family of stores has it's store brand "O" that is pretty good.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 5:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Do you have a Sprouts or Sunflower Market out there?

They are fairly new here, so i am not sure who else has them.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 5:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2009